Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WE MADE IT!!!

We wanted everyone to know that we made it to Uganda yesterday and we have had a wonderful time! Titus has done well and adjusted. He has his first bloody nose this week as he fell flat on his face! He tripped while the girls were painting, but he was okay!
The medical clinic in Yei is finished and it looks awesome!!! We are excited!!!

Here is a before shot of the clinic we worked on...


Here are some after pictures!






(This is Rachelle talking now....)

Megan and I have been in Morobo the last few days at the orphanage and it was such a beautiful time. When we arrived, they greeted us with song and dance. It was awesome! We worked with Vicki, the nurse, and had a Bible study with the widows. We treated children throughout the day for various issues and also went through the new medical supplies that arrived from Uganda. The children were so loving and our time with them was priceless. We helped paint the medical clinic and treated cases with the chicken pox. There were only 2 when we arrived and when we left, there were 13. I felt like we built some amazing relationships with the widows and the children and by the time we left, tears filled my eyes. It was hard, but I know we will return soon. What an amazing privilege to be a part of their time. Please continue to pray for the children and the leaders in Morobo as they carry out the vision of being future leaders in their country.










Prayers for this week:

Vernon will be going to the mosque with Victor tomorrow and hopefully will be invited back on Friday. Pray for conversations they will be having and for the Gospel to be shared.

Amber and Vernon will be keeping Titus up all night on Friday because we will be flying on Friday night and we hope for him to sleep on the plane. We will return home on Saturday night. (I, Rachelle, will be back in Memphis, on Sunday)

Pray as Megan and Mike fly out tonight and for safety as they return home.

Thank you for being a part of this mission and for praying for this team and we have felt the love and encouragement this week.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The clinic looks wonderful! Praise God you all were able to help with the chicken pox outbreak. I will be praying for everyone's safe and peaceful return. Blessings!
Amanda

Phyllis said...

Whoa! Way to go, Amber and Robin! I imagined that you would do an awesome job, but I wasn't picturing anything quite as cool as what you ended up doing. Talk about a fun place to go to start feeling better!

Stephanie said...

I'm really impressed! You all have done wonderfully! My prayers continue to be with you--especially for the journey home. Vernon Mike-I've really missed you the last few days--it will be sooo good to hear your voice. All my love to all of you.
The clinic is AMAZING!!!
Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know you are amazing and I am so thankful God placed such amazing examples of obedience, service, and humility in my life! I am praying for you!

Brittany Stigall said...

beautiful pictures! ah, i love the paintings.. and the children--WOW. amazing..