Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Great Day in Sudan

Vernon called me today, after working on getting the video sent...or so they thought. He said if they added up all the time trying to get the little 5 min video sent, it has taken them 4 hours! So I went to my mother-in-laws house to check the my email (they tried to send it to me so i could load it up because the Internet is having problems there..see previous post) I opened my account and found...nothing. so sad. SOOO I guess tomorrow when they are checking the blog they will read that i didnt get it. So pray that their frustration will be little and patience will abound!
Other than the crazy technology problems, that are much to be expected in when trying to send communication to and from such a location, the day was GREAT! Adam and Vernon traveled to Lura the home of the second orphanage. They got to meet 17 of the orphans who are moving in. They told stories of their life and Adam got to get great footage of this! They got great pictures and of the sweet children and of the building progress. Adam was able to get a lot of footage of the Building Structures and the land.
Today was the third anniversary of Vernon's dad's death. He said it was tough, but God did a great work through this. Vernon said as the children told stories of how they became orphaned, he was able to tell them what today was and that he was grieving. He said they immediately had a deep connection and that the children really opened up to him. To God be the Glory.
Hopefully in the next couple of days they will be able to get the computer problems figured out. If not they said they are going to try while they are in Uganda.
Tomorrow they head for Lura again.
Thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

He said they immediately had a deep connection and that the children really opened up to him.

Praise God!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to all go together, I was just reading and imagining what all thier faces look like. I tell you, there is no momery so vivid as the day I was priveledged enough to hear the stories of those kids.We are praying for continued safe travel. how far is it from the first orphanage to the second? and then the second to the third? just curious. We love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! What a blessing to hear such God ventures!! You two should feel like you are floating due to all of the prayer coming your way! I am a picture person... and I can just see both of your faces, Adam and Vernon... just like little boys with such joy of Christ shining through to all who meet you and see you. Thank you for being Christ ambassadors! I truly love you both! Be careful and focused! Marie Reed--Momma

Vonda Nutt said...

God is Good...ney...GOD IS GREAT!!!