Sunday, May 20, 2007

Great News

Hey Everyone!
We had a great day. We attended church at Kampala Pentecostal. It is the home of the "Watoto Children" (it is a choir that comes to many places in the US to raise money).
After church we went to the Mosque. It was an incredible time. We were able to speak with an Imam and a Sheikh. We have set up a time tomorrow in order to meet. Today we discussed the importance of having communication in order to talk through Truth. I spoke with them and asked if they would show us around the Mosque tomorrow and discuss how they have arrived at Islam being the ultimate truth. I told them Adam had not been in a Mosque and I thought it was important for them to tell him first hand about the beliefs of Islam.
We were also able to establish that we do not worship the same God and yet this is the ultimate reason to have loving dialogue. I told them it would be unkind and sadistic to put their arm around me a smile, while believeing I was goign to hell. I also told them it would be terrible for me to do the same thing. They were excited to talk and are looking forward to meeting tomorrow.
Please pray for us. The names of the men we talked with are Imam Muhammad and Sheikh Genza. Please pray for open doors. The Lord has allowed a delay in getting to Sudan for a reason. Please pray we would be bold in sharing the love of Jesus.
I will try to post more tomorrow.

Love Truth

3 comments:

Vonda Nutt said...

Oh man...I am all over that! Vernon, you are my hero.
I am praying that God contiues to pour bravery and strength into you so that Truth floods that mosque.

I am so excited to get to pray for you...

Tim said...

Adam & Vernon:

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I know that God has a purpose in everything and everyone you will encounter on this trip.

V, Try to keep Adam out of trouble.

Adam, email your Mom if you get a chance.

We love you both,
Dad/Tim

Stephenandstar said...

Vernon, the Smith's are remembering you and Adam in prayer! We know our God reigns!
Star