Friday, May 25, 2007

Time in Morobo












Hey Everyone!
Our time in Morobo was great today. We were able to meet with Esther and tell her about her surgery. We were also able to get it all on video!!! Obviously this does not help to much now, since we can't seem to get the video to send. We will try to send some video's tomorrow night when we get back in Uganda. We will also send some video's from the hotel in London on Monday.

Adam was able to get some good video of the children in Morobo, along with some great pictures. I am pumped the Lord has allowed Adam to be here with me. He is an incredible brother and I believe the Lord will continue to use him in powerful ways.

Please continue to pray for our time on Sunday with the Muslims. I believe that this Sunday is the Global Day of Prayer also. I pray the Lord will use our words and actions to draw men to Him. I pray this will be the beginning of an incredible dialogue between Christians and Muslims. I truly want the world to see that both sides are able to discuss Truth together in a peaceful way. This does not mean that Christians should compromise on beliefs in order to keep physical peace. Instead we are to be people who find our peace in Jesus alone and because of this reality it would be unpeaceful to to try and not lead others to True Peace. I pray that all who read this will stay strong in the Lord. I pray that His goodness will be personally known by each person.

On another note...I told Amber a couple of nights ago to please pray for what we are going to do after graduation in a year. For some reason it has been on my mind more. This time is has not caused stress, but hope and excitement. My pastor(John Durham aka "Pastor Big Guns) gave me an incredible verse about a month ago. Hebrews 11:8 says, "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going." Please pray we will be diligent in seeking out what God has for us next. I still have the same desires as I did several years ago. They are in three areas which I believe God has equipped me, but I do not know how they work together. The areas are teaching/preaching, Sudan, and a pastoral heart. I do not neccessarily think this will be a full time vocational pastor (although it may). I say all of these things so you know what has been going on in my head and how to specifically pray for me.

As per Adam...He is getting married in a year and we have been discussing how he and Anna would like a LARGE FAMILY and VERY QUICKLY (HA!). Well...I guess he didn't really say this (I have just been taking time to encourage him in having a child right away. I think ol' Marie Reed wants to be a grandma soon). Seriously...pray for Adam and Anna to grow closer and closer to the Lord because then they will know how to encourage one another in Him (since He is our eternally consistent Joy in life). Also pray for Adam's transition to University of North Texas. He is transferring in the fall from Texas Tech.

We love you all a ton!
Love Truth

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a big HA HA Vernon, on the whole baby thing with adam and anna! the Lord has been working on the great fruit of the Spirit... patience with me... so yes, i can wait on the Lord's timing for a precious grand baby! Let's get them married first and adam and anna out of college!!!!! oh, and yes, it would be of great importance for adam to have a JOB to pay for this cute little baby... tee hee! thanks, Vernon, for loving Adam as a brother! you are truly an answered prayer for him! i can't wait to hear what you two were able to see and do thru Christ with the precious little children in Sudan! i would love to be those darling ones granny! anyway... much love and prayers going your way from here! marie reed--momma

Anonymous said...

hey big V, this is big guns. wanted to let you know that i am praying for you tonight, that i sure love you brother, and that i am excited with you on the next chapter in life. the great news is that God has all written it. your continued desire of obedience is your only calling. can't wait to see ya back in texas brother.

Karen said...

Deuce, to say the Lord works in mysterious ways is an understatement at best. I know that when your heart and your mind are in line with God's Plan it will become clear to you the path you are to follow. Until then, my prayers are with you and your fellow team members for safety and guidance from our Almighty Father to share the love of Christ that one day we will all meet in Heaven to praise God and know eternal life. I miss your Dad alot. But I feel safe in saying I know how his heart would swell with love and pride in you, with the work you are able to do in the name of the Lord. Have a safe trip home. And Adam, even though I don't know you, if you are Deuce's brother that means I have another nephew. LOL

Love and God's Blessings to you.

Aunt Karen

Sarah said...

Seriously...Stop talking about people having babies!! YOU CRACK ME UP!!
Love you man, Can't wait to hear about all the progress! Safe travels and lots of prayers!!

HollyAnn said...

Hey Vernon! Those pictures on this post are priceless! I wish I could shoot photos like that in Liberia of our children! I need lessons! I can't wait to talk to you about the orphans of Sudan! God bless you and Amber as you follow hard after Him! All our love, HollyAnn for the Petrees!