Monday, August 13, 2007

"HOME!" in Kijabe

Hello everyone!

There's something about landing in Africa that makes me feel like I'm coming home. The smell, the air, the, well actually, everything including wandering livestock just makes my heart feel full. I'm so thankful to finally be here! I can just feel God's presence!

It's a cold, cloudy, BEAUTIFUL day here in Kijabe, Kenya- Megan and Isaac are both in deep sleeps. The only reason I'm awake is that the hotel wanted to get my computer hooked up to the wireless connection. Today's attempt failed, so we'll try again tomorrow- Thankfully they're letting me jump on their computer for a few minutes in order to let everyone know that we've arrived.

It's been a great day- After collecting our bags we took a taxi into the heart of Nairobi and met Victor and Isaac at the Java House (if you like chai lattes, I believe I've found the world's best!) and then onward with our trip to Kijabe. I wasn't prepared for the beauty of the valley as we turned and looked down from the hill top. WOW! Stunning trees, crop fields, simply more greenery than I ever expected, it's amazing. Some well tended flower gardens too...I love it. We've settled into the hotel now and have done a little exploring- Mostly of the hospital grounds across the street and their cafeteria for a little food. After that we were all ready for more than a little sleep. (Isaac hadn't slept in 2 days!)

We met Pastor Erik of one of the local congregations who has many friends at the hospital and is happy to introduce us to them all. Not to mention that Megan and I have a church to worship in on Sunday! He's already arranged it all! It's all part of the African experience! Pastor also took the time to explain a short version of who Isaac is in the Bible to Isaac and how wonderful that is. Yeah, God is good.

We'll be going over to the hospital tomorrow to figure out all of Isaac's details and what pre-surgery things need to be done. Today day is all about rest. It's going to be a big week gearing up for surgery, foraging for food, and all the other little things that pop up. We're so thankful for all God's provision so far, He really is a God bigger than we can begin to imagine- Isaac's travels went smoothly, as did ours, people have helped us out left and right, and I could go on and on. I could be nervous about all the unknowns but I'm not because of the one BIG known we have: God is in control. It may not look like we expect it too, there will be obstacles, we'll learn to be more flexible than we could imagine... that's just part of the experience of running with God while resting in His solid grip.

It's wonderful to have Isaac with us, he's a combination of excited and nervous- And a little shell shocked from all the different sights he's seen between Sudan and here. On our way to Kijabe he was staring wide-eyed out the window and smiling; he pronounced the area beautiful as well. I'm loving the opportunity to get to know him more.

Well I'd best end this here, the hotel computer is slower than molasses which is actually a lot faster than a lot of computers I've dealt with in Africa! :) Hurrah! Once we get my computer connected we hope to add photos and video to the blog.

"This IS the day that the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it!"
In His Grip,
Robin (and Megan too!)

5 comments:

lovetruth said...

You all are amazing. Please tell Isaac that Amber, Titus, and I love him dearly and count it a great blessing to be involved in his life.
I pray the greatness of Zeph. 3:17 will give all of you comfort today. I pray knowing that He has promised He will do more than all you could ever ask or imagine!!!
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Vernon, Amber, and Titus

TRICIA said...

Hey Guys,
Glad things are going so well.
Yes, God is a good and mighty God. I know he will be directing the hand of the surgeon that does Issacs surgery. Know that I love ya'll and will be praying for you daily.
Love in Him
Tricia

Unknown said...

God is so GOOD!!! I continue to pray for you guys. Safety , direction, language, food, lodging, but most of all that you see how amazing is the Lord we serve.

Judy Mc said...

Megan,
I have done some reading and studying about therapy for Isaac after surgery. I will just need to know which muscles, if any, are cut with each surgery. It will be fun teaching therapy long distance. I will continue to pray for the surgeon and the medical team as well as for Isaac, you and Robin. I am excited about the outcomes of the surgery. Wish I could be there to do the therapy myself. Maybe another day... Get your rest! Enjoy the scenery! And let us hear about all the amazing things that God is doing!
In Him,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hello, Niece Robin -

Go Bears! We will be watching, you can be assured.

We are praying that Isaac will continue to have strength and that his pain will ease.

Hope you really are sleeping better.

Much Love

Auntie