Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Megan and Robin Prepare to Leave


Megan and Robin are headed to Kenya to meet up with Issac for his surgry. (see video in previous post) Here are some bios on them and pics. Stay tuned for updates as they travel!

Megan Daniels

Hello, I'm Megan Daniels. I grew up in rural northern Missouri and moved to Midland, Texas about 2 years ago to be involved in missions through Stonegate Fellowship Church and its partner church, EPC of Yei, Sudan. Some say I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could! Really though, I am glad to be here and to see the doors the Lord has opened for me to serve him. I am a registered nurse, work in the emergency room while I am in country, but love the opportunity to serve the Lord anywhere and in any way. God has allowed me to travel to Sudan twice now to assist with the medical care of orphans and in developing medical clinics. The first time I was there I met Isaac. I remember then asking the Lord if he could be helped. It seems surreal sitting here now knowing that indeed help is on the way for him!!!! It was awesome to see EPC's vision for helping Isaac and being asked to assist in the process. My heart¹s desire is for individual people to see their Creator and how he loves them, desires to walk in faithfulness with them, and guide their lives with His purpose. That is my desire for this trip, that Isaac know how wonderfully he was created and how special he is to our God.

Robin Oas

Hi, I'm Robin Oas, I was born and raised in Oakland, California and am now proud to be an honorary Texan. God called me to full time ministry when I was 16 years old and little did I know where that would take me. Step by step God's led me to the mission field. It's been a wonderful journey working with children's programs and the college ministry at the First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, jumping in as the Interim Youth Director at San Leandro Presbyterian Church, going to YWAM in Townsville, Australia, and experiencing three months at the YWAM base in Yei, Sudan. Through each step, I,ve seen God¹s constant faithfulness, His love for His people, the unbelievable ways Christ works through us beyond what we can even imagine! Christ continues to expand my heart for God's people inspiring me to serve in any way I can. I'm excited to be alongside EPC both in heading off for Isaac's surgery and helping out with CWEP (Christian Women¹s Empowerment Program) in Yei. I can't wait to see all that God has in store, I know it will be an adventure with Him like none other!

No comments: