Tuesday, December 12, 2006

5 days until our departure!

Well, our departure is nearing and all of the last minute things are now at hand. Titus and I just returned from a great stay in Missouri. We got to visit and say good bye to lots of family and friends. It was wonderful.
We have many prayer request as the time is quickly approaching for our journey to Sudan. Please pass this sight around to all you know who will pray... Also feel free to leave comments, we would love to hear from you. If you write a comment and are not a apart of blogspot, just choose anyonomous and the comment will make it to us. We love yall and are so thankful for your love and support.

Please Pray for :
  • Rachelle, she has been very sick for the last 3 weeks. Pray she would get better. She is on an antibiotic now so hopefully that will kick it. Pray the antibiotic doesnt interfere with her malaria or typhoid meds.
  • I go to the doctor tommarrow, I am not sick, but i need my prescription (thyroid) refilled early this month so that i have enough to make it through our trip. Blood work will prob. have to be done so pray she is willing to go ahead and get me a refill before the blood work comes back.
  • Praise the Lord for my nephews sunday school class! they raised $800 for the children to have Christmas gifts!
  • Pray for Megan, Mike and Dr. Kelly. They are out of Liberia and headed to Uganda. There they will be seeing widowed Sudanese Refugees and medically attending to them until we arrive on Monday.
  • Pray for Titus. He is getting very anxious about the journey. Pray for him to SLEEP on the plane as much as possible. Pray for him to not be scared of the Sudanese people but to take to them quickly.
  • Pray for me (amber) because i have a lot on my plate between now and Sunday. I am dealling with all the money, logistics and packing. And all of you mothers/wives know that just because you are busy doesnt mean your other responsibilites go away. Pray for balance and joy.
  • Pray for Vernon he has his finals today tommarrow and Thursday.

We love yall and are so thankful for your support!

Amber

2 comments:

HollyAnn said...

Hey Amber! I will definitly be praying for you to get all accomplished that needs to be! I totally understand your dilema and will pray for Titus to be extra good these last few days so that you can accomplish much! Praying for peace to guard your hearts! Can't wait to hear your stories in Sudan!
~HollyAnn

Stephanie said...

It's hard to believe you're headed for the other side of the world!! You are ALL in my prayers that you have a safe journey and not too stressful. Please let the widows & orphans know they are thought of ALOT!!! It will be fun hear about your adventure as it unfolds. I pray that God will continue to protect you & guide you. (I believe He has sent his angels to guard you) Have a joyous Christmas & remember-I LOVE YOU & am proud of you!! You bring such JOY to my life!!!:)
Mom/Steph/Grandma/Birdie