Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas in Yei




Wow, I think we have missed it in America. Well, most of us....
Today was so amazing. Today the only thing we celebrated was the birth of Jesus Christ. We didn't exchange gifts...we danced, sang, ate, and fellowshipped....the people praised God all day today. The youth sang so beautiful...Vernon did an amazing job preaching...the day was beautiful!

We couldn't leave the compound today because Bishop Taban said there would be many people getting drunk and the streets would be filled...it wouldn't be safe. He prayed for those people today. It breaks my heart. The women danced so beautiful...the people watched and I could see them praising the Lord through the dance. We explained the song before we danced. We each have a reason to "owe our lives to our Lord"...isn't it beautiful? We were together all day until the afternoon. I sat and talked with Robert and Moses. They asked me what Christmas was like in America. How was I going to explain it to them after what I had just experienced here? I tried my best...I told them we exchanged gifts, we ate, watched football, and played games. They asked if people went to church, and I told them some, but not everyone. They looked at me with a look of confusion. They asked if we celebrated the birth of Jesus. I said, "Some of us, do, but not everyone." They said, "You can teach them back in America what you have learned today." Wow, a hard lesson learned from two brothers who are under the age of 12.

I hope everyone experienced and shared the birth of Christ in a real way on Christmas the way our team did. We were able to listen to the voices of children singing to God; the voices of the youth shouting songs of praise to our Lord and the men in the church marching down the aisle for Jesus....the day was amazing.

I hope you enjoy the video and are blessed by these women who worked hard to show their love and honor for the Lord.

-Rachelle

8 comments:

Randy Wickham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy Wickham said...

Hey Everyone...It's so awesome to see the dancing and singing and crying out to the Lord...I hope it's a reminder to us all that: in all we do, do it as an act of worship.

I miss you guys and love you all!!!

God is Good,
Randy
(deleted the previous comment due to poor spelling :) )

Anonymous said...

My name is Pino. I am from Italy, Naples. You are awesome people. Praise be to our Lord for your work in Sudan. The people there are beautiful. Thank you for providing pictures and video of your experience with them. These images stir my love for God and his people. Your lives inspire me. So, Run Run Run...keep running the race set before us...I'll see you at the finish line one day.

Pino, from Italy, Naples. Run

Anonymous said...

Awesome video but I have two requests:
1.) I want to see more Titus because I miss him.

2.) I want to see more of that Vernon because he is so stinkin' good looking.

I love you guys.

Gustav

Anonymous said...

What an amazing experience, thank you so much for sharing. The women and children are so beautiful. So glad to see Titus and everyone are doing well. May God bless you all.

Love, Mimi (Robyne)

Anonymous said...

Could my heart be stirred more, it would be. I cannot describe my desire to be back there with you! Megan my sister, thank God for your love for these people. I cry everytime I read, and I read every day, even if I have read it before! I hope my prayers are being felt for they are strong and straight from my soul! I love you all and can't wait to see more photos and this wonderful idea of a video!! Send photos of Kennedy!! and if you can bring him home that would be awesome too!
Love you
Sarah

Anonymous said...

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumazing.

Anonymous said...

true, beautiful, pure worship.
i need to be reminded of what
it looks like more often..
God IS the color in a black
and white world... i miss you
guys so much! give my smallest
best friend some love for me,
big best friend! and v-dog--
lets eat dinner together when
you guys get home, yeah?!

all my love,
Molli